Starting with release 2021-1, there is only one installer for one AnAqSim program. It is for 64-bit Windows operating systems. By default, AnAqSim is free and unlicensed. If you purchase activations and activate a license, AnAqSim becomes licensed and has greater capability than unlicensed AnAqSim. To download the installation file to your computer, click on the following link. Once downloaded, open the file to run the installation. AnAqSim requires the Microsoft .net framework; if it is not already on your computer, the installer will download and install it from Microsoft’s web site before installing AnAqSim.
Unlicensed vs. Licensed AnAqSim
These are the same program, but with licensed AnAqSim, more complex models can be solved:
- Unlicensed AnAqSim allows up to 3 levels (layers) in multi-level models, but licensed AnAqSim allows up to 15.
- Unlicensed AnAqSim allows up to 2 time periods in transient models, but the number of periods in licensed AnAqSim is unlimited.
- Unlicensed AnAqSim allows up to 5 time steps per period in transient models, but licensed AnAqSim allows up to 20.
- Unlicensed AnAqSim allows up to 2000 equations, but with licensed AnAqSim the number of equations is only limited by the computer’s operating system or memory amount, and 40,000+ equations are possible.
Run AnAqSim from the Start menu on your computer. When you first run AnAqSim, it may take a few seconds for the program to load because, like all .net programs, there is a final just-
Become familiar with AnAqSim by reading through the first sections of the User Guide, which is available from within AnAqSim (Help menu) or from the computer’s Start menu (AnAqSim/User Guide). At a minimum, read from the Introduction through the User Interface section, and review the instructional tutorials and videos. The rest of the User Guide gives detailed instructions about the menu system and user interface.
There are two systems for licensing that are currently in use with AnAqSim:
The system for purchases made since February 2020:
With this new licensing scheme, you purchase a set number of activations. Each activation creates a valid license on a particular computer that is valid for one year from the date of activation. You may use the activations at any time – there is no time limit for when you exercise an activation.
- Install and run AnAqSim.
- Select License Key Activation Status and enter your activation key code when prompted and then press OK. The activation key code was sent to the purchaser in an email at the time of purchase. AnAqSim will print the status of the activation key code. If your activation key code still has available activations, proceed with the following steps.
- Select Activate License on this Computer and enter your activation key code when prompted and then press OK. This creates a license valid for one year on this computer.
- After activation, check the license on the computer by selecting License/License Status this Computer. The license expiration date should be printed to the run log. AnAqSim is fully functional on this computer until the license expires.
The system for purchases made before February 2020:
- Install and run AnAqSim.
- Select Get Site Code under the License menu, which generates a computer-
specific code. This code is displayed and copied to the system clipboard.
- Paste the site code from the clipboard into an email to Fitts Geosolutions requesting a site key.
- Fitts Geosolutions will send a reply email with an attached license file named anaqsim.lcn. Save this file to the AnAqSim software directory on your computer. This is typically C:Program Files/Fitts Geosolutions/AnAqSim (64-bit) or C:Program Files (x86)/Fitts Geosolutions/AnAqSim (32-bit). You need to be logged into Windows as an Administrator user to copy this file to the software directory.
- After copying anaqsim.lcn to the AnAqSim software directory, check that the license file is functioning correctly by re-starting AnAqSim and selecting License/License Status this Computer. The license expiration date should be printed to the run log. AnAqSim is fully functional on this computer until the license expires.
Updating to a new release
When you update to a newer release, uninstall the earlier release first, then install the new release in the same path. Your computer’s license will still be valid after the uninstall and install operations.