AnAqSim (analytic aquifer simulator)
Gain more insight in less time
A quick alternative to MODFLOW and other numerical methods for modeling cases that range from simple to moderately complex.
AnAqSim is the most versatile and capable analytic element method software: multi-layer 3D systems, full transient capabilities, heterogeneity, anisotropy, fresh-salt interface aquifers, and a full suite of line boundary types.
AnAqSim has been used to simulate groundwater remediation designs, mine and construction dewatering, infiltration mounding, regional aquifer flow, capture zones, well field impacts, fresh/salt interface flow in coastal aquifers, pathlines, advective transport, and embankment seepage.
Video overview of AnAqSim:
AnAqSim In Depth Webinar Series Sept-Oct 2018
This popular webinar series is back! When offered in spring 2018, it was well-attended and well-recieved. It covers all key aspects of AnAqSim and helps you become a power user. There is one one-hour session per week for 6 weeks. Each session has segments of presentation, software demonstration, and Q&A, plus optional home exercises. Learn AnAqSim, which is quick, easy to use, and far more capable than other analytic element programs. Details available here.
3-D Dewatering Example Model
Many users are solving transient construction and mining dewatering problems with AnAqSim, so we have created an example model to show how to create such models. This model is of a construction dewatering system that includes a partially-penetrating sheet pile barrier, three partially-penetrating wells within the barrier, and a recharge trench outside the barrier where well discharge is injected back into the aquifer. The model has 7 layers in the system area and is transient with two phases of pumping. See the model and its results and download the model files.
Release 2018-2 posted 19 June 2018
Release 2018-2 includes the following new features plus other enhancements and fixes.
- Add vertical leakage polygon areas to Analysis inputs displayed.
- Make it so hydrograph points, transient line condition lines, line for Graph Conditions Along a Line, and vertical leakage polygons can be graphically edited.
- When the Coordinates cell under What to Plot is blank, it zooms to the extent of the drawing (including basemap, if present), instead of just zooming to the model element extents. This is helpful when just starting a model with no element and a basemap.
- Adjusted scroll wheel increments so they are 3x smaller, for finer control of zooming.
- Report area of digitized closed polylines in addition to reporting length.
- Report area of vertical leakage polygons along with leakage rates.
Please see the release notes for a full list of new features.
Join the Ranks of AnAqSim Users (below is a small sample of them)
Calif. Dept. of Toxic Subst. Control
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
So. Florida Water Mgmt. District
University of New South Wales
University of Western Australia
Woodard and Curran
WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
Dr. Charlie Fitts, author of AnAqSim and the textbook Groundwater Science, 2nd ed., has over 35 years experience with groundwater and geotechnical consulting, and is available for consulting on groundwater modeling projects.