AnAqSim In Depth Webinar Series
6 weekly 1-hour sessions – March 10 through April 14, 2020
The session content will build your understanding of how AnAqSim works and how to use it. In the process, we will demonstrate common applications including mine and construction dewatering, aquifer test analysis, capture zone analysis, and remediation design.
Session 1: Single Layer Modeling – Domains and External Line Boundaries
- Review analytic element method
- Domains: confined, unconfined, and fresh/salt interface, and vertical plane flow
- Defining domain extent
- External line boundaries
Session 2: Single Layer Modeling – Wells, Recharge, and Internal Line Boundaries
- Pumping wells
- Well pathlines
- Domains that dewater and rewet
- Uniform recharge/leakage
- Internal line boundaries
Session 3: Multi-Layer Modeling
- 2D vs. 3D flow
- Vertical leakage, storage, and spatially-variable area sinks (SVAS)
- Top/bottom conditions with SVAS
- SVAS basis point spacing and accuracy
- Layering schemes
Session 4: Pathlines and Capture Zone Delineation
- Pathline tracing in AnAqSim
- Pathline options
- Viewing and analyzing pathlines
- Pathline tracing across boundaries
- Delineation of water sources to wells
Session 5: Transient Modeling
- Transient general equation and storage concepts
- Transient inputs
- Options for initial heads
- Transient outputs
- Simulations with constant initial heads
Session 6: Transient Modeling and Advanced Topics
- Simulations with initial heads from a prior simulation
- Transient pathlines
- Computation considerations
- Solution settings and convergence
- Advanced analysis tools
- Charlie Fitts, PhD, Fitts Geosolutions, author of AnAqSim and Groundwater Science, 2nd ed.
- Charlie McLane, PhD, and Mark Kauffman, McLane Environmental, authors of flexAEM tutorials (session 4)
- Six one-hour sessions, one per week on Tuesdays March 10, 17, 24, 31 and April 7, 14.
- Each session offered at two times; you may attend either or both:
- 1-2 pm Eastern Daylight (Summer) Time (5-6 pm GMT) or
- 9-10 pm Eastern Daylight (Summer) Time (1-2 am GMT next day, good for Australian time zones)
- Each session is a mix of lecture and demonstration, with about 10 minutes for Q&A.
- Attend using standard browsers
- Audio available via phone, if your computer lacks it
- Free AnAqSim license for the duration of the course
- After each session, you may work through optional exercises that are distributed with a key
- Attendees get pdf file of each presentation with notes
- Recordings of each session available on request, in case you miss a session
- If you request it, a letter detailing hours of instruction for the purpose of CEU documentation. 6 hours of instruction total, if you attend all sessions.
Well Attended and Well Received
Offered three times in recent years, drawing 100+ attendees. Attendees rated the series 4 or 5 stars.
Register 1-5 attendees, with discounts for more attendees. To register more than 5, please contact us. Payments processed securely by PayPal using major credit cards, debit cards, or a Paypal account. A few days before the series starts, you will receive an email with instructions. You will receive electronic invitations before each session.
Registration is closed for the spring 2020 series, but maybe next time!